Safeguarding Children and Young People – 3 Hour Virtual Training
As the guidance states that “Furloughed employees should be encouraged to undertake training.” this might be an ideal time to ensure that your staff group have their Safeguarding certificates up to date.
“Excellent presenter – easy to engage with, been on a few similar course – best one by far!”
A half- day course
A half day online course that will be fully interactive and be delivered by an expert trainer to a limited number of attendees in ‘real time’.
The course is aimed at anyone working directly or indirectly with children and young people in a wide range of workplace and community settings. The purpose of the training is to give participants confidence and essential knowledge on how to safeguard the children and young people in their environment. Many organisations will have been required to put some of their workforce into furlough under the government CJRS scheme.
In the Welsh Government guidance on Children’s Services published this week by https://gov.wales/childrens-social-services-during-covid-19-pandemic-guidance, it says ‘Decisions made in one agency will have an impact on arrangements across agencies and the case for inter-agency working is stronger than ever to avoid duplication and close the gaps. Recording and evidencing why and how decisions have been reached remains a key local authority responsibility’.
As a result of the training participants will:
- Learn about the key legislation, guidance, policies and procedures for safeguarding the welfare of children and young people, including E safety
- Understand the roles of different agencies involved in safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Understand safe working practices essential to keeping children, young people and practitioners safe in a work setting
- Identify the characteristics of different types of child abuse and how to identify these in practice
- Know how to respond effectively to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been abused, or neglected
- Be able to describe the principles and boundaries of confidentiality and when to share information
10.06.20 10:00 am
10.06.20 1:00 pm
Price: £50.00 – £85.00 (Members receive preferential rates)
To book your place visit www.childreninwales.org.uk/item/raising-awareness-safeguarding-children-young-people-2
This course is also offered as in-house training, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please ensure to have a purchase order number to hand when making your booking. This should be obtained from your finance department.