We are looking to recruit for a Tackling Loneliness and Isolation Development Officer.
You will work collaboratively with communities, third sector and statutory organisations to tackle loneliness and isolation in Merthyr Tydfil and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
Voluntary Action Merthyr Tydfil (VAMT) aims to support, represent and assist the development of high quality Third Sector organisations and volunteering in the County Borough of Merthyr Tydfil.
You will have direct experience of working with communities and supporting community led initiatives.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To work collaboratively to tackle loneliness and isolation in Merthyr Tydfil and Rhondda Cynon Taf
- To work in partnership with community groups, community hubs and other third sector services to develop initiatives that address loneliness in isolation in priority communities
- To develop new initiatives in priority communities co-productively with citizens
- To connect befriending services and their clients to other initiatives that tackle loneliness and isolation (eg grant funded and other non-commissioned third sector community based services as well as commissioned services)
- To support community group members to develop skills and knowledge to enhance their projects sustainability
- To support community groups / third sector organisations to make proposals that tackle loneliness and isolation and assist in the implementation of those projects
- To support the development of public sector volunteering by encouraging public sector employees to volunteer in their communities, support the development of employer supported volunteering schemes and assist in promotion of volunteering at pre-retirement events.
- Contributing to social media channels
- Contributing to the VAMT newsletter and website
- Provide project reports as required by the funder
- Provide quarterly reports against the VAMT Operational Plan as required by the Board
- Reporting on the Customer Relationship Management system and updating information on contacts and organisations
Full Job Description available for download Job Description
Person Specification available for download Person Specification
The post is funded by the Integrated Care Fund until 31st March 2021.
The interviews will be held on 10 September 2019
For further details and an application pack please visit VAMT Jobs or contact Laura Johnson at VAMT on 01685 353900.
The closing date for applications is 22 August 2019
Registered Charity 1118403
Company Limited by Guarantee 6058360