We are looking for a Case Worker who will be primarily working with tenants across the social housing sector.
We work with people experiencing challenges with their mental health, and with communities who want to create a greater sense of wellbeing in the places that they live. Through our projects, we work with thousands of people each year.
We believe that long-lasting wellbeing comes about by understanding how lives can be shaped by traumatic experiences, identifying people’s strengths and focussing on healing. We know we can’t ‘fix’ people, but we can walk alongside people and help where we can on their journey.
We try hard to make Platfform a great place to work, we live our values and mission in everything that we do.
The post holder will be primarily working with tenants across the social housing sector, we provide support to people in their own homes helping them maintain their individual health and wellbeing with the aim of preventing tenancy being put at risk. We work to ensure that any potential housing crises are averted, through ensuring that benefits are in place, or that rent arrears, or tenancy issues are being positively managed.
The project will be providing support Mon-Friday 9am – 5pm with the provision of a telephone service covering evenings from 5pm – 9pm. There is an expectation for staff to cover on call weekends when required. Staff will be expected to cover this service on a rota basis with an allowance payable over and above basic salary.
We are looking for flexible passionate individuals from all kinds of different backgrounds and ethnic minorities to provide housing related support to people over the age of 18 who have experienced poor wellbeing and mental health, homelessness and other multitude needs and who require a degree of support to live independently.
- To lead on assessment of needs of individuals referred to the project, obtaining additional information, as necessary.
- To provide a range of social, emotional, and practical support as outlined in support plans
- To support service users to sustain their tenancies and maximise their independence.
- To support service users to maximise their finances, manage their budget and make informed choices
- To effectively manage and maintain a case load to ensure that an effective service is delivered to service users
- To work with the service users to draw up support plans to meet identified needs, and ensure support is delivered in line with the support plan.
- To support service users in moving towards independent living in a recovery orientated way
- To report concerns of tenancy issues / breaches to the Senior Caseworker in line with the Housing Management Agreement
- To review progress and relevance of risk assessments and support plans and update accordingly to ensure that risk is managed effectively, monitored on a regular basis.
- To encourage service users to provide their views on the service, e.g. through feedback surveys
- To liaise with other agencies with and on behalf of service users as part of planned support, to include participation in joint meetings and case reviews, ensuring collaboration and effective support planning
- To support service users to access information and advice in order that they are able to make informed choices in matters that affect them, to promote their independence
The Ideal Candidate
Required experience, knowledge, qualifications, and training:
- Knowledge of trauma-informed practice, attachment theory and relationship-based approaches.
- Experience of working within the mental health sector and/or supporting people experiencing emotional distress.
- Experience of involving people accessing services in the design and development of the services they used with a strong focus on listening to people with lived experiences.
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of safeguarding for adults.
- Self-awareness and willingness to engage in reflective practice and ongoing personal development.
Desirable experience, knowledge, qualifications, and training:
- Ability to communicate in Welsh
- Experience of working in a Supported Housing environment
- A good knowledge of welfare benefits and homelessness legislation
- Experience of providing housing advice and support to people to enable them to maintain their tenancies and prevent housing crisis.
- Highly organised
- Team player
- Strong time management / prioritisation skills.
- Driven and passionate
- Excellent communication skills
Download the Job Description here
If you have any question relating to the role, please do get in touch with Andy Terwee, Service Manager, on 01792 475441
At Platfform we truly believe that staff are our number one resource, without the wonderful people who work here we would be nothing. So, we do our best to ensure people feel respected, valued, cared for and supported. Our staff really matter to us, you are at the heart of everything we do. We are passionate about training, career development and progression.
There are many opportunities to learn and develop. We provide all training required to successfully deliver the role and you will be surrounded by a fully experienced and supportive team and manager. It matters to us that our workforce represents as many identities and backgrounds as possible. As such, we are committed to providing equality of opportunity for all current and prospective members of our team, at every level of the organisation.
We particularly welcome applicants from black and minority ethnic backgrounds. We are committed to support flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
- Generous annual leave starting at 26 days
- Health and wellbeing support including EAP
- Flexible / Agile working
- Enhanced family leave – includes carers leave, maternity, paternity and adoption
- Training and Development opportunities across Platfform
- 6.5 % employer contribution to the pension scheme with a minimum employee contribution
Contract Type: Permanent
To apply please click on the Apply for Job button below.
If you have any problem downloading the Job Description or accessing the link to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 4 August 2022