We are now looking for additional Trustees who share our passion and commitment and who have the skills, knowledge, and experience to support excellent governance and oversight of our newly emerging strategy. We welcome applications both from those who have previous direct experience of Board level governance and those who do not.
Who we are
Since 1961, Early Years Wales has been the largest provider of comprehensive membership services to the Early Years sector in Wales. We believe that all families have the right to high quality play, education and care opportunities to help their children reach their potential.
What we do
Early Years Wales aims to support all pre-school children their families and early years providers to give every child across Wales the best start in life.
Early Years Wales is a Wales-wide organisation and employs 30 people, supporting around 800 members who provide early years services to children and their families.
The Head Office is located in Central Cardiff and there are three regional offices:
- South Wales Regional Office, Newport/Cardiff
- North Wales Regional Office, St Asaph
- West Wales Regional Office, Swansea
Our membership is made up settings providing a range of services including pre-school education and childcare in playgroups, day nurseries, parent and toddler groups, crèches. We provide targeted support to settings from development workers who are funded by some Local Authorities. In addition, our services include, Welsh Language support, Foundation Phase guidance, Physical Literacy development, Additional Learning Needs, organisation governance guidance and business support, and more.
Early Years Wales works in collaboration with Welsh Government on the development and implementation of legislation and policies for the childcare and pre-school education sector.
For more information about Early Years Wales visit: earlyyears.wales
Early Years Wales is looking for new Trustees to strengthen and diversify our current Board. We seek candidates with experience and or expertise in any of the following areas:
- Finance and business planning
- Welsh language
- Foundation phase
- Not for profit organisations
- Early Years, Childcare and Play
- Charity Law and legislation
We are looking for someone who is keen to use their skills to help Early Years Wales to meet their aims and objectives. We welcome people who have time to commit to ensure that we can meet the following objectives:
- Families in Wales benefit from being able to access affordable sustainable and high-quality childcare and play opportunities
- The childcare and play workforce is supported by the appropriate skills, knowledge and qualifications to offer a high-quality service
- To develop innovative and practical solutions to enhance childcare and play opportunities in Wales
- The Childcare and Play Sector contributes to strategic planning at national and local levels in Wales
- Early Years Wales is an efficiently run effective organisation in which staff and volunteers are valued for their contribution and are supported to realise their potential in working for the pre-school, childcare and play sector
- Support Training for the sector and within the Early Years Wales staff team
Our Trustee Board meets five times a year (usually avoiding August and December). In addition, our finance sub-group meets in the interim months to review and monitor the financial commitments and allocation of funding for the charity.
As a Trustee, you can help us plan and prioritise our work, develop our strategy and provide the best service for our membership
Why should I get involved?
Do want to make a difference to the lives of future generations? Do you want to support the childcare sector in these challenging times? Do you work in the sector already and want to influence how Early Years Wales develops its strategy and policies and influence Welsh Government in the Early Years Sector? Do you want to help a charity fulfil its offer to the childcare sector? Do you want to support us in helping Wales to have a sustainable and leading childcare sector?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then getting involved is the best way to work towards achieving this.
To find out more or for an informal discussion if you are interested in becoming a Board Member, please contact Dave Goodger, CEO on 07818 404222 or e-mail email@example.com
Closing date: 8 July 2020