The aim of the post is to work alongside the Wellbeing Activity Co-ordinator to provide practical and therapeutic support to patients through meaningful activities your team will provide fun and dynamic activity sessions to encourage creativity, to improve patients over all wellbeing.
Mental Health Matters Wales is one of Wales’s leading mental health charities. We are an ever-growing charity with big ambitions. We need a wide, diverse and range of experience and skills in our team. Our team members are our number one resource. We do our upmost to ensure individuals feel respected, valued, and cared for, by enabling career success through the provision of unique opportunities to thrive and foster an inclusive workforce which embraces our shared set of core values based on character, relationships, and giving back to the communities where we work.
If this sounds like an organisation you would like to join and become part of a dynamic staff team to lead the way in supporting the improvement of social, emotional and physical wellbeing needs of the population across communities in Wales, then Mental Health Matters Wales is the organisation for you!
- We are a friendly, flexible, and supportive employer
- We work to reduce stigmas associated with mental health and support people in their recovery
- We believe with the right support and resources everybody can create a life that feels meaningful to them
- We are a fast paced and growing organisation with career progression is open to all.
Main tasks include:
- To facilitate and support activities at in St David’s Hospital and other hospital settings if required.
- To develop services that are focused upon the needs and requirements of patients.
- To support patient’s family members, friends, and carers understand their responsibilities.
To provide assistance, support, information, signposting and guidance to patient’s family members, friends and carers on services available in their areas.
- Where possible, provide support to patients (family, carers) to help them to make informed choices about the care.
- To actively engage with patients in order to deliver a person-centred service that is meaningful and valued.
- To facilitate social interaction amongst patients.
- To recognise and deal with potential risks and awareness of personal safety. To identify any risks in delivering the service and comply with risk management procedures.
- To contribute to the strategic and operational development of MHM Wales’ Wellbeing service.
Location: St Davids hospital and other hospital settings (Cardiff)
Salary: £20,280.00 (actual)
Hours: 32.5 hours per week
Pension: 9% employer’s contribution (after successful completion of a 3 month probationary period, auto enrolment applies during, unless you wish to Opt-out
Closing Date: Midday on Friday 23rd February 2024
Please download our application pack here and complete and return the application form prior to the above closing date.
If you have any queries , please contact our HR department on: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01656 651450
Registered Charity Number: 1123842 Company Number: 06468412 DBS Cymru Registration Number: 30023800006
If you have any difficulty accessing the links in this advert, please contact email@example.com