We are looking for passionate trainers to upskill and develop our volunteers across each of the UK nations. This is a varied and exciting role which includes design and development of physical activities and self-management courses, designed to support people with arthritis to understand and manage their health and wellbeing.
We are Versus Arthritis. We’re the 10 million people living with arthritis. We’re the carers, researchers, healthcare professionals, friends, parents, runners and fundraisers all united in our ambition to ensure that one day, no one will have to live with the pain, fatigue and isolation that arthritis causes.
There are over 10 million people living with arthritis. That’s one in six, with over half of those living in pain every single day. The impact is huge as the condition slowly intrudes on everyday life – affecting the ability to work, care for a family, to move free from pain and to live independently. Yet arthritis is often dismissed as an inevitable part of ageing or shrugged off as ‘just a bit of arthritis’. We don’t think that this is OK. Versus Arthritis is here to change that.
The role will include training delivery and quality assurance of our programme of activities for people with arthritis.
You will implement the volunteer training programme within your nation, working collaboratively with colleagues across the UK to ensure volunteers are supported to deliver high quality services.
This is an exciting opportunity to help us shape services and support volunteers and people with arthritis across the UK.
In this role you will be:
- Training volunteers to deliver high quality services.
- Working in collaboration with internal teams and stakeholders.
- Providing support for volunteers when it is needed.
- Delivering within a framework of continuous improvement.
If your knowledge, skills and experience include the following then we’d love to hear from you:
- Excellent demonstrable customer service approach and the ability to remain calm and professional at all times.
- Experience working in a similar support role, maintaining or developing processes to enhance the customer experience and meet regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge and awareness of financial recording and reporting.
- Enthusiastic, flexible and collaborative approach, to work effectively with the local team and across the wider organisation.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, with good attention to detail.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word and Excel.
- Strong empathy for the needs of volunteers, people with arthritis and colleagues (particularly home-based).
In return, we offer a competitive range of benefits, a good work/life balance, excellent learning and development opportunities and a vibrant and friendly organisational culture. Find out more about what we offer on our website.
Location: Remote – Wales
Salary: £37,275 per annum
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Closing Date: 23:59, Thursday 29 February 2024
Travel: Weekly travel will be required within the nation and occasionally across the UK
For a full Job Description and to apply please visit our website Volunteer Support & Service Trainer (Wales) | Permanent, Full-time (versusarthritis.org)
- We advise candidates to apply early as we reserve the right to close applications ahead of this date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not wish to receive contact from agencies or media sales.
Promoting and supporting diversity in the workplace.
Versus Arthritis is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156
If you have any difficulty accessing the links in this advert, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org