Cardiff Met SU is seeking to appoint 3 trustees to the Board of Trustees. Do you have the skills to support, guide, and provide leadership to the board of trustees at Cardiff Met Students’ Union?
The SU provides services for students in line with its charitable objectives. Representing the views of over 12,000 students at Cardiff Metropolitan University, across two academic sites in Cardiff.
In 2022 we recruited a new CEO, undertook a Governance and Democracy review, an HR review and started to build new structures to support student voice. It has been a time of change, and opportunity for the SU.
We are looking to appoint three Trustees (1 x 2 year appointment & 2 x 3 year appointment) to join us to support our continued progression. We are now at the implementation stage of the reviews and thinking ahead to the future. We want to build a strategy that can move the organisation forward, creating the building blocks to support students and staff to achieve.
Expertise in the following areas would add most value to us:
- Strategic development, and risk management
- Higher Education or SU experience
- Business development or entrepreneurship
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Finance, including experience of managing and scrutinising budgets
- Governance and democracy
This is an exciting opportunity for trustees to help shape the organisation for the future.
Qualities in new trustees:
- Be able to allocate sufficient time to fulfil the duties and responsibilities of the role.
- A strategic thinker able to see the bigger picture.
- Be a ‘critical friend’, able to challenge constructively, and exercise sound independent judgment.
- Have effective communication skills and the ability to relate to, and communicate effectively with, people at all levels. experience of working in a leadership, or management role in an organisation (private, public, or voluntary) using influencing and negotiating skills.
- Experience of working in, or with, an organisation that requires an understanding of the needs of, and engagement with, multiple stakeholders.
- With a commitment to our values and culture, along with enthusiasm to apply your experience, understanding and skills for the benefit of the SU, its members and their educational and personal development, and wellbeing.
Location: CARDIFF, CYNCOED CAMPUS AND Llandaff
Contract: 3 year term with option for 2nd term
Closing date: 19th February 2024
Interview date: 4th – 5th March 2024
We welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds, especially those from underrepresented communities, to apply.
If you wish to discuss the role further, please SU President, Natalia-Mia Roach (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the SU Chief Executive, Will Fuller, (email@example.com) to discuss the role further.
To apply to join us as an external Trustee, please send your CV, together with a covering letter setting out why you are interested and what you will bring to the role, to the Bev Bambrough, SU Policy & Procedure Advisor (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 19th February 2024.
For further information on the Students’ Union (SU) and its work can be found on our website www.cardiffmetsu.co.uk
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.