Can you help us work toward a world without rape or sexual violence? We are looking for a Sexual Violence Support Workers who can provide practical and psychological support to adults, young people or children (depending on the role applied for) who have experienced sexual violence.
New Pathways are committed to providing specialist services for everyone impacted by recent or historical sexual violence (sexual abuse or rape). New Pathways started life nearly 30 years ago as a voluntary sexual violence counselling service. We have developed to provide a complete advocacy and support solution for adults and children including: Sexual Abuse Referral Centres (SARCs), crisis workers, independent sexual violence advisors, sexual violence support workers and sexual violence counsellors. We are recognised as a leading provider of sexual violence specialist training and have a large volunteer program. We work throughout South, Mid and West Wales.
About the role:
We currently have the following vacancies for Sexual Violence Support Workers:
- 2 x Adults Sexual Violence Support Worker (37 hours per week until 31st March 2023 with a view to extending)
Download the Job Description here
- 1 x Child and Young Person Sexual Violence Support Worker (37 hours per week, maternity cover for 6 months with a possibility for extension)
- 1 x Child and Young Person Sexual Violence Support Worker (22.5 hours per week until 31st March 2023 with a view to extending)
Download the Job Description here
You will form part of a skilled and dedicated team who provide support to those affected by sexual violence. The work involves assessment, advocacy, providing psychoeducation and direct support with practical and psychological needs. You will receive guidance from the Senior Sexual Violence Support Worker, the Sexual Violence Coordinator, the Head of Therapeutic Services in addition to wider team and organisational support.
The Adult roles will provide support directly to adults and the Child and Young People roles with provide support to the young clients referred into the service.
You will share our aims www.newpathways.org.uk/our-aims and embody New Pathways’ ethos and values. We are looking for people who are motivated, enthusiastic, passionate about our work, and who want to make a positive difference to the lives of others.
You will be someone who likes to engage with and support others to get the best out of their experiences, have great organisational skills and good emotional intelligence. Continual improvement will be an innate part of your approach and you will thrive as an important part of our committed team. We know this role is a challenging one but is also one which brings considerable rewards.
We believe that our clients deserve the best possible service, and we work hard to achieve this. If you think that you have the skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we would love to hear from you.
Benefits of working with New Pathways:
- High level of professional and wellbeing support
- Generous pension
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Additional 5 days annual leave after 5 years of service
- Additional time off between Christmas and New Year
- A day off for your birthday.
- Flexible working patterns.
- A package of wellbeing support including self-care workshops, reflective practice meetings, flexible lunchtimes, staff recognition schemes etc.
- Access to training, relevant to the role.
- Continuous opportunities for career development
- Access to supervision for all staff
- Access to Health Assured 24 hour telephone crisis support
- Access to Health Assured counselling
- Mentor and ‘buddy’ system for all new staff
- Staff ‘Away Days’
- Laptop and mobile phone (where required)
- Organisational sick pay
Location: Wales – remote
New Pathways are equal opportunities employers, we value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applications for employment.
An Application Pack can be found on our website at www.newpathways.org.uk/jobs
Please state the position on your application you are interested in.
For an informal discussion please contact Andrea.Kovacsbiro@newpathways.org.uk
If you have any problems downloading the Job Descriptions or accessing the link to apply please email email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 5pm 24th August 2022