The Service Manager role will ensure the charity’s Information, Advice and Welfare Rights service in Rhondda Cynon Taff, Merthyr Tydfil and Bridgend is of the highest quality, is relevant and accessible via a range of different formats.
We work to get older people the help they want, when they want it. We strive to ensure that those who are vulnerable and at risk are kept safe. We empower older people to be heard and to have choice and control, so they don’t feel isolated or discriminated against, and they receive the support and services they need. Our work is driven by what older people say matters most to them. Their voices are at the heart of all that we do.
Over 7,500 people come to Age Connects Morgannwg each year seeking information, advice and practical support to resolve a range of different issues such as money matters, help at home, legal, housing and social care queries. The Service Manager role will ensure the charity’s Information, Advice and Welfare Rights service in Rhondda Cynon Taff, Merthyr Tydfil and Bridgend is of the highest quality, is relevant and accessible via a range of different formats.
The post holder will manage a team of Specialist Advisors, General Advisers and Administrative staff and will also be responsible for managing the charity’s telephony service including ancillary support provided externally.
Acting as the organisational lead on welfare benefits, specialist advice (including AQS) and administrative functions, you will also act as the CRM ‘superuser’ and GDPR lead officer. You will be expected to undertake meaningful management reporting, analysis of data and team performance with a view to using this analysis to improve, adapt and flex the service to meet customer needs and fill gaps in service.
The post holder will be part of the operational management team and will be expected to work in a positive, collaborative manner that contributes to strategic growth and furthers the development of the Age Connects Morgannwg. All staff are expected to play an active role in the charity’s fundraising efforts.
- Provide line management to Information and Advice and Administration teams based in Rhondda Cynon Taf, Merthyr Tydfil and Bridgend, to include the full range of management responsibilities.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge on care issues, and have a working knowledge of relevant legislation, such as the Mental Capacity Act, CIW regulations, the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act and any further Welsh Government, NHS and local government guidance.
- Ensure compliance with all contracts for your service area, including budgets.
- Provide effective supervision, support and performance management to ensure the highest quality delivery of service by the staff in your department. Oversee and authorisation of time sheets/mileage claims for appropriate staff.
Job Description available for download here
- 25 days annual leave (up to 30 pro rata)
- Day off on your birthday
- Flexible working arrangement
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- A warm welcome, induction and training to support you in your role.
Location: Cynon Linc, Aberdare / Homeworking
For an Application Form please visit our website at www.ageconnectsmorgannwg.org.uk/job-page/service-manager
Closing date for applications: Monday 14 February 2022