An exciting opportunity to join Newport Women’s Aid as a Senior Crisis Intervention Worker as part of our Crisis Intervention Service in partnership with Gwent Police.
Newport Women’s Aid was established in September 1975. It is an organisation run by women, serving women in the community, who are suffering from domestic abuse.
Newport Women’s Aid Aims:
- To provide temporary refuge for women and their children who have had to leave their homes because of physical and/or mental violence.
- To encourage women to determine their own future and to help them achieve this, whether this involves returning home or starting a new life.
- To recognise and care for the emotional needs of the children involved.
- To offer support, information and help to any woman who requests it.
- To offer support and aftercare to any women who have left the refuge.
- To give each refuge resident an Individual Support Plan (ISP) in order to identify needs. ISP is reviewed regularly and appropriate action taken.
- To provide a resettlement service to those families leaving refuge accommodation, which can offer practical and emotional support within the community.
- To educate and inform the public, media, police, courts, social services and any other organisations of the incidence of violence towards women, mindful of the fact that this is the result of the general position of women in society.
The role will involve responding to incidents of domestic abuse at point of crisis in order to provide victims with support, complete risk assessments and develop safety plans. The role will require working a range of shifts including weekends and nights so that we are able to provide a full response.
Worker will be required to support victims of abuse to access appropriate services, complete risk assessments and work to reduce repeat victimization. This will include supporting victims in the community.
The programme is run in partnership with Gwent Police, successful applicants must hold a full driving licence and will be subject to police vetting at level 3.
Job Description and Person Specification available for download below:
You can also find further details on our website www.nptwomensaid.org.uk
Fixed term contract until September 2023.
Due to the nature of the roles they are only open to female applicants (Exempt under the Equality Act 2010 pursuant to Schedule 9, Part 1)
Interviews will be held on 10th and 11th July 2018.
To apply please download the forms below:
Please return completed Application Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form to: Private and Confidential, Recruitment, Newport Women’s Aid, 56, Stow Hill, Newport NP20 1JG
For further information please refer to our or call us on 01633 840258/e-mail email@example.com
Closing Date: 12.00 noon Monday 2nd July 2018