Are you passionate about supporting other adopters to access support services that will help them with their adoption journey?
Adoption UK is looking to recruit a Parent Partner Wales.
Who we are?
Adoption UK is the leading charity providing support, community, and advocacy for all those parenting or supporting children who cannot live with their birth parents. We connect adoptive families, provide information and signposting on a range of adoption-related issues and campaign for improvements to adoption policy and legislation. Our vision is for an equal chance of a bright future for every child unable to live with their birth parents.
What you’ll be doing:
Using your personal experience of adoption, you will
- Provide peer support to adopters using a range of platforms to ensure the appropriate support services are accessed in line with their TESSA care plan.
- Developing your own knowledge on services available for adopters and sharing this information with families.
- Communicate effectively to ensure families have the appropriate level of support no matter where they are in their adoption journey.
Who you are:
You will have personal experience of adoption as an adoptive parent, with parenting experience of a minimum of five years.
You will have or be able to:
- Have sound knowledge of adoption issues and safeguarding experience, or strong interest in developing such knowledge
- Good, empathetic listening skills, able to deal with issues of significant trauma and loss
- Ability to work with families and professionals to understand key sector issues and the needs of the adopter community.
- Ability to organise and hold meetings/discussions, including by teleconference/video conference.
- Basic IT skills
If you have a passion for making a difference and share in our vision for adoptive and kinship care families, we would love to hear from you.
The post will be home based, permanent contract 6 hours per week to be worked flexibly supporting families across Wales, salary £10.12 per hour (FTE £18,418 per annum)
Interview Dates: 25 and 26 January 2022
Please visit our website on www.adoptionuk.org/jobs-page
We are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that celebrates and values diversity. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. Under-representative groups such as ethnic minorities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We don’t want you to ‘fit’ our culture, we want you to enrich it.
Closing Date: 10 January 2022