Welsh Refugee Council have recently been awarded funding to deliver an innovative new housing project seeking to increase access to housing for refugees across Wales. The 3 year project seeks to promote greater involvement of refugees in shaping policy and practice, and to evidence and promote greater understanding of the barriers faced by refugees in accessing secure housing tenancies to secure positive changes in policy.
We are looking for a Housing Policy and Research Officer to support delivery of this project.
Over the last 29 years Welsh Refugee Council has established itself as a leading third sector organisation in service delivery for Asylum Seekers and Refugees. It is well recognised and respected across the sector and its core business is:
- To support Refugees to become integrated into Welsh society
- To work in partnership to meet the complex needs of our service users
- To provide education and training
- To influence and develop policy
- Public and stakeholder communications
The main purpose of the role is as follows:
- To develop a network of service users from refugee backgrounds to inform policy, service design and ongoing advocacy
- To gather evidence and data to advocate for policy change
- To work with statutory agencies and key stakeholders to effect changes to housing policy and practice to increase access to housing for refugees
- To work with the Housing Caseworker to hold awareness raising sessions for social housing providers, estate agents, private sector landlords and statutory and third sector agencies
- To change attitudes among housing providers and statutory agencies towards refugees
- To be responsible for all the administrative processes within the office, as well as providing general secretarial support to enable the smooth and effective running of the office
Job Description available for download here
If you would like more information, please e-mail email@example.com
*We currently have funding for this role on a full time (35 hours) basis for 1 year, and for 28 hours per week in years 2 and 3 (salary £16,800 per annum) however we are actively seeking additional funding to maintain this as a full time role.
Term: 1 year
Reporting to: Executive Director of Policy and Communications
If you think this role is just right for you, download and complete the Application Form below and email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to return completed applications: 12 noon, Thursday 4th June
Please note CVs will not be accepted.