Would you like to be involved in this unique chance to provide help to young people with accommodation issues in Swansea?
We are looking to recruit a Home Support Worker (Project Worker 1) to be part of our Accommodation Service based in Swansea’s youth hub Infonation. This Service provides a single point of contact for young people aged 16 to 21 who are homeless, threatened with homelessness or have housing issues. The Home Support work is critical to this service and is focussed on preventing homelessness through working closely with young people and their families.
About BAYS + @InfoNation:
This is a collaborative partnership with Swansea Council delivering services for young people living in Swansea aged 16 and over.
The BAYS+ consists of two statutory services and one non-statutory Accommodation Service. In addition to this the BAYS+ also provides accommodation through a Supported Lodging Service.
The statutory Services are:
- 16+ Social Work Care and Support and Looked After Children Team
- Leaving Care Personal Advisor Team
The non-statutory Accommodation Service provides information, advice and assistance.
You will undertake the role of Home Support Worker (Project Worker 1) within the Accommodation Service. Your duties will include:
- Providing direct support to young people and their families in order to help prevent homelessness
- Working closely with the Youth Homeless Assessing Officer to plan and deliver support to young people
- Working in partnership with young people to identify and meet their accommodation and support needs
- Regularly meeting with a young person and their family to review, assess and evaluate progress made
- Liaising with staff members from a range of statutory and voluntary services with regard to young people’s needs and to continue to promote and establish networks with other agencies
- Working closely with colleagues in the Accommodation Service to keep statistical information, implement policies and protocols and take part in service development
- Encouraging young people to take part in service participation events to ensure their voice is heard and they are able to shape service development
You must demonstrate in your application that you currently use the skills outlined below, and in the Job Description/Person Specifications, or have used them previously in employment, education, training, volunteering etc.
You will have: (Essential Criteria)
- Knowledge of the issues affecting young people who are homeless or threatened with homelessness
- Experience of developing and working to support plans
- Experience of working with young people preferably in a family setting to address issues and/or work to agreed support plans
- Experience of advocating on behalf of young people
- Experience of managing a workload and prioritising competing demands
- Experience of working in a multi-agency context
- The ability to travel to meet the requirements of the post
Job Description and Person Specification available for download below:
English: Job Description & Person Profile
At Barnardo’s we believe in children – no matter who they are, what they have done or what they have been through. Please read about our basis and values following the link below. You will be asked questions relating to them as part of the recruitment process for this role.
Job reference: 269
Contract type: Permanent
Location: BAYS+ @InfoNation, 47 The Kingsway, Swansea SA1 5HG
Interview Date: 5 February 2019
To apply please click on the Apply for Job button below.
Barnardo’s is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce for staff and volunteers. We actively encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic and male candidates as they are under-represented within Barnardo’s.
Closing Date: 23 January 2019