Following restructure, we have an exciting opportunity for an exceptional woman to join us and lead our Public Affairs and Communication team. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrable their commitment to Welsh Women’s Aid’s ethos and values, and be passionate about ending domestic abuse and all forms of violence against women.
Welsh Women’s Aid is the national umbrella organisation in Wales for third sector specialist services working to end domestic abuse and other forms of violence against women.
As Head of Public Affairs and Communications you will be a leader with the ability to develop, motivate and manage a high performing team, build strong relationships, and have proven strategic and operational management experience. You will manage a small team in all areas of public affairs, communications, policy, research and prevention, and hold responsibility for their strategic direction, ensuring the needs of survivors of violence against women are represented to policy makers and influencers.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in public affairs at a senior level
- Thorough understanding of Welsh Government, Westminster, National Assembly, Whitehall and local government mechanisms
- Excellent campaigning and influencing skills achieve objectives and maintain good working relationships.
- Experience of survivor or stakeholder engagement
- Must be adaptable, solution-focussed with a proactive and positive approach.
The ability to speak and write Welsh is desirable for this role, but not essential.
Posts open to women only under the Equality Act 2010 pursuant to Schedule 9, Part 1.
Interviews: Thursday 13 June 2019.
We value diversity and are committed to promoting equality. We encourage applications from women from all backgrounds and communities and particularly welcome applications from Black and minority communities and other under-represented groups.
Closing date: 12 noon, Thursday 6 June 2019