We are looking to recruit for a Development Officer (Participation). This is an exciting opportunity to join the Young Wales Team.
Children in Wales is the national umbrella body for organisations and individuals who work with children, young people and their families in Wales. We are a membership body, and our members are drawn from the voluntary, statutory and professional sectors. We work with and for our members to promote their interests and meet their needs. Together we:
- Contribute to making implementation of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child a reality in Wales
- Fight for sustainable quality services and fair shares for all children and young people
- Ensure special attention and treatment for children in need and those who are marginalised
- Ensure children and young people have a voice
Children in Wales carries out a number of activities in order to meet these aims. These include:
- Organising conferences and seminars
- Providing Training
- Supporting and developing strong networks
- Producing and disseminating information
- Representing and consulting with members
Working with colleagues to develop and implement Children in Wales’ policy, practice and public education work, through direct work with a diverse range of children and young people and the practitioners and the organisations that support them.
For an Application Pack please visit our website at childreninwales.org.uk/jobs
Closing date: 25 October 2019