This is a hybrid role working from our office in Cardiff and home working.
This role is known internally as ‘Debt Advisor’.
In this hugely important front-line contact centre role as a Debt Advisor, you will be the first point of contact for clients who are looking for help with problem debt by calling StepChange; the UKs largest free debt advice service.
StepChange are the UK’s largest and most comprehensive provider of free debt advice. Hundreds of thousands of people come to us for help every year. Some are at crisis point and many don’t see a way out. We help them to find a way out of their debt problems. We don’t judge people; we provide the support, guidance and solutions that are needed. Whatever the situation we’ll look for practical solutions that make our clients’ lives better.
In this role you will be answering calls and guiding clients to identify and set up the most relevant solutions for their individual circumstances. This is a very rewarding role where Debt Advisors will need to think on their feet and adapt to diverse situations. Some calls are emotionally charged and difficult, so tenacity and emotional resilience are key.
This will be a flexible role, working both from home and our office in Cardiff. Debt Advisors work 35 hours per week with shift patterns falling between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday and working Saturdays on flexible shift patterns between 8am and 5pm. The start date for this role is 10th January 2022.
What you will be doing:
- Liaising with Charity clients dealing with problem debt
- Working as part of a team to ensure a high-quality client experience
- Using astute questioning and listening techniques to determine clients’ financial and personal circumstances
- Handling a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment
- Communicating financial guidance in a clear and concise way
- Working in a regulated environment
What we want from you:
- Excellent communication and open questioning skills
- Customer Service experience would be beneficial
- Technical know-how and confidence using in-house IT systems to track, monitor and record details
- Able to capture a range of information quickly and accurately
- Strong emotional resilience, empathy and rapport building skills
- The ability to influence and solve problems
- Good attention to detail
- Online chat experience would be beneficial
Job Description available for download here
What we offer you:
- 24 days annual leave (this increases by one day per year up to a maximum of 29), plus bank holidays
- Hybrid work – the ability to work from home and from our offices
- Up to 7 weeks’ initial training to provide the skills necessary for the role (training is Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm)
- An individually tailored personal development plan and ongoing training
- The opportunity to buy and sell annual leave
- Use of a Charity laptop and headset for working from home
- Travel season ticket loans
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Group personal pension scheme
- Westfield Health cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Financial planning
- Long service awards
- Free tea and coffee in the office
Job Ref No: 1760
To apply please click on the Apply for Job button below.
Closing date: 10 December 2021