We are looking for a Case Worker to provide social, emotional, and practical support to people experiencing challenges with their mental health and emotional wellbeing that could impact their ability to maintain a stable tenancy.
We work with people experiencing challenges with their mental health, and with communities who want to create a greater sense of wellbeing in the places that they live. Through our projects, we work with thousands of people each year.
We believe that long-lasting wellbeing comes about by understanding how lives can be shaped by traumatic experiences, identifying people’s strengths and focussing on healing. We know we can’t ‘fix’ people, but we can walk alongside people and help where we can on their journey.
We try hard to make Platfform a great place to work, we live our values and mission in everything that we do.
The support will be expected to be in line with Platfform’s values.
• Lead on assessment of needs of individuals referred to the projects, obtaining additional information as necessary.
• Work with the person being supported to establish an individual support plan (ISP) to meet identified needs.
• Review progress on relevant risk assessments and ISPs with the person being supported and update documents
• Work collaboratively with other relevant organisations e.g. CMHTs, the Local Authority, housing providers etc.
• Involve people we support, in the development, running and evaluation of the service.
• Liaise with other agencies with and on behalf of people we support as part of long term and crisis intervention support, including participation in joint meetings and case reviews.
• Assist people we support, to access information and advice.
• Provide resettlement support when moves to new accommodation take place.
• Keep accurate notes of all support provided.
• Ensure all relevant information is shared with colleagues, using project communication methods appropriately and effectively.
• Ensure that IT systems are used effectively and in line with organisational procedures – e.g., Use of e-mail and database systems.
• Ensure that all services are delivered in alignment with Platfform’s values and approaches.
The Ideal Candidate
Required experience, knowledge, qualifications and training:
• Knowledge of trauma-informed practice, attachment theory and relationship-based approaches.
• Experience of working within the mental health sector and/or supporting people experiencing emotional distress.
• Experience of involving people accessing services in the design and development of the services they used with a strong focus on listening to people with lived experiences.
• Excellent communication skills
• Understanding of safeguarding for adults.
• Self-awareness and willingness to engage in reflective practice and ongoing personal development.
• Full current driving licence and access to your own transport
Desirable experience, knowledge, qualifications, and training:
- Ability to communicate in Welsh
- Experience of working in or floating/tenancy support in the community
- Knowledge and Understanding of Welfare Benefits.
- Experience and understanding of dual diagnosis
Personal Attributes – (these can be changed)
• Highly organised
• Team player
• Strong time management / prioritisation skills.
• Driven and passionate
• Excellent communication skills
Download the Job Description here
If you have any question relating to the role, please do get in touch with Rhys Hewings on 07811375405 or firstname.lastname@example.org
At Platfform we truly believe that staff are our number one resource, without the wonderful people who work here we would be nothing. So, we do our best to ensure people feel respected, valued, cared for and supported. Our staff really matter to us, you are at the heart of everything we do. We are passionate about training, career development and progression.
There are many opportunities to learn and develop. We provide all training required to successfully deliver the role and you will be surrounded by a fully experienced and supportive team and manager. It matters to us that our workforce represents as many identities and backgrounds as possible. As such, we are committed to providing equality of opportunity for all current and prospective members of our team, at every level of the organisation.
We particularly welcome applicants from black and minority ethnic backgrounds. We are committed to support flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
- Generous annual leave starting at 26 days
- Health and wellbeing support including EAP
- Flexible / Agile working
- Enhanced family leave – includes carers leave, maternity, paternity and adoption
- Training and Development opportunities across Platfform
- 6.5 % employer contribution to the pension scheme with a minimum employee contribution
Contract Type: Fixed Term, 31-Mar-2023
To apply please click on the Apply for Job button below.
If you have any problem downloading the Job Description or accessing the link to apply, please email email@example.com
Closing date: 5 July 2022