The Mental Health Project Coordinator will coordinate the All Wales BAME Mental Health Online Support Project in collaboration with colleagues at Diverse Cymru. The project will be community focused and culturally sensitive, offering multi-lingual services aiming to improve individuals’ mental wellbeing.
Diverse Cymru is a unique Welsh charity committed to supporting people faced with inequality and discrimination because of: age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
We empower people through:
We effect change through:
- Consultancy and Training
- Promoting stories and experiences
- Working closely with a network of organisations and partners
- To work with the Citizen Involvement Officer to establish an Advisory Group of people using the services, volunteers and staff.
- Recruit and train diverse volunteers including those with language skills and people with lived experience of mental ill health.
- Establish a programme of online support for BAME individuals who have mental ill health including online support groups, discussions, workshops and peer-to-peer support.
- Coordinate multilingual one to one telephone support with volunteers and support staff.
- Provide digital training for those who would lie to take part but are new to using the internet.
- Work alongside the Communications Officer to develop, produce and distribute multilingual marketing material to promote the project.
- Work alongside the Communications Officer to promote the project to individuals, organisations and groups that can signpost to the new service.
- Ensure effective record keeping in line with GDPR policies.
Tenure: Temporary role until 31st March 2021
Base: Home based with Office base option (subject to Welsh Government guidelines)
Holidays: 28 days full time (Pro rata)
Pension: Contributory Pension Scheme
Flexible Working, Employee Assistance Programme, excellent professional development and training opportunities
Enhanced DBS required
Projected Interviews: Week commencing 2nd November 2020
For further information and to apply please download the documents below or alternatively visit our website at www.diversecymru.org.uk/vacancies
Please complete the Application Form and Equal Opportunities Form specifying which role you wish to apply for, and send it to email@example.com or alternatively submit it by post to:
HR Team, Diverse Cymru, 307-315 Cowbridge Road East, Canton, Cardiff, CF5 1JD.
Closing date: 5pm, 26 October 2020