This role is hybrid-based with the post-holder being required to work a minimum of 2 days per week from our Scope office in Cardiff City Centre with their remaining hours being worked at home. During the probationary period, more office-based days may be required.
At Scope our mission is to drive social change so that disabled people have the same opportunities as everyone else.
We want to achieve everyday equality and support disabled people to get the best start in life, live the life they choose and be financially secure.
Navigate supports parents and carers of disabled children around the point of diagnosis, or after acquiring an impairment, who are looking for emotional support to manage this life transition.
As a Parent Adviser you will be responsible for delivering this service to customers by managing a personal caseload and providing emotional support and practical advice to your diverse customer base.
- Successful candidates need to demonstrate experience of providing advice and support to others and preferably have a lived experience of disability.
- You will be a great team player with a positive and solution focussed attitude. You will have excellent planning and organisation skills and be able to manage your own diary.
- You will have excellent communication skills both verbal and written and be able to demonstrate experience in a customer facing role, including experience of supporting customers remotely online and by telephone. You will be familiar with developing action plans with others and supporting them in setting and achieving goals. You will preferably understand coaching techniques and have some experience in safeguarding adults and children.
- You will have demonstrable experience of providing advice and guidance or a similar support type. Showing empathy and being able to respond positively to change while dealing with conflicting priorities will allow you to succeed within this role.
- It is essential that you have a good working knowledge of IT, including Microsoft Office products and are confident user of digital technology.
- Experience of working with customer record management systems and strong administrative skills are also vital. You will bring drive and enthusiasm to your role and can demonstrate that you care passionately about improving the lives of disabled people and their families.
- Navigate has extended opening hours to meet customer need which include weekday evenings and occasionally Saturday mornings. Therefore, a degree of flexibility is essential to support the team within these hours.
- We ask you to show an appreciation of Scope’s values and our ambition of everyday equality for disabled people.
Job reference: REQ001886
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Our Values – Pioneering, Courageous, Connected, Open, Fair
By living our values and trusting each other, we empower our colleagues to make decisions. By giving our colleagues freedom and space to spark creativity for innovation, we can push boundaries, change mindsets and be empowered to change the game with grit and determination and a sense of urgency.
We are a disability equality charity and encourage applications from disabled people. We are dedicated to creating a workforce that is a true reflection of the communities we serve. If you are disabled, have the skills, and or the experience to do the job, then we would love to meet you for an interview. Just let us know in your application that you are applying under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme.
If you require adjustments through your journey with us, please email email@example.com
You will find more information here about the type of adjustments we can make.
Equality and Diversity and Inclusion
Equality and inclusion are at the heart of everything we do. We want to seize every opportunity to build a truly diverse and inclusive workplace.
We work hard to ensure that we are making exciting opportunities available to all, and everyone feels valued, heard and respected so that we continue to build a high performance, high engagement culture.
We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. Our values are to be open and fair, courageous, connected and pioneering.
We believe hard work deserves reward and recognition. We offer a wide range of benefits, including:
- 27 days plus Bank Holidays annual (35 days in Retail)
- flexible working where we can
- company pension
- excellent training and career development
- colleague networks across disability, race and LGBTQ+
- discounted gym membership
- cycle to work scheme
- and much more
How to apply:
If you want to become a Disability Gamechanger, we’d love to hear from you.
For a full Job Description and to apply please click on the Apply for Job button below.
If you have any problem accessing the link to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date: 29 August 2022