Age Connects Morgannwg is looking to recruit 3 Activities Coordinators, 2 full time posts and one part time post.
Age Connects Morgannwg is the operating title of Age Concern Morgannwg, a charity for older people living in Rhondda Cynon Taf, Bridgend and Merthyr Tydfil. We work to get older people the help they want, when they want it. We strive to ensure that those who are vulnerable and at risk are kept safe. We empower older people to be heard and to have choice and control, so they don’t feel isolated or discriminated against, and they receive the support and services they need. Our work is driven by what older people say matters most to them. Their voices are at the heart of all that we do.
- Supporting Clinical and Healthcare Teams to improve patient experience, wellbeing and happiness using a range of methods including the use of digital technology (i.e., audio books, FaceTime, virtual experiences and on-line ‘brainteasers’)
- Provide daily meaningful, therapeutic activities and opportunities for patients to stay connected with family and friends whilst in hospital.
- Support the Ward staff in discharge planning to ensure the patient is prepared for safe discharge and received post-discharge support to reduce the risk of readmission.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide short and/or long-term practical and emotional support.
- Reassure, motivate and encourage service users enabling them to maintain their quality of life.
- Maintain accurate and legible signed records whilst observing confidentiality of information recording, in accordance with ACM’s Policies and Procedures.
- Observe and report any changes noted in the service users health or situation i.e. behaviour, mood, appetite, appearance, or Connects within environment to Service Manager
- Involvement and active participation in group evaluations, team meetings and client reviews.
- Be involved in carer support by offering practical assistance and guidance.
- Involvement in the maintenance of skills and abilities of identified service users.
- Work to ensure the rights, dignity, welfare, confidentiality and privacy of service users is maintained at all times.
Our offer to you:
- 25 days annual leave (pro rata)
- Day off on your birthday
- Flexible working arrangement (as allowed by the demands of the role)
- Home working (as allowed by the demands of the role)
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- A warm welcome, induction and training to support you in your role.
To find out more about this role, download the job description here
Contract Term: Temporary fixed term until 31 March 2022
Place of work: Ysbyty’r Seren, Bridgend
Hours of work:
Post 1: 37 h/w – 5 days a week – Monday to Sunday
Post 2: 30 h/w – 5 days a week – Monday to Sunday
Post 3: 30 h/w – 5 days a week – Monday to Sunday
To apply please visit our website at www.ageconnectsmorgannwg.org.uk/job-page/activities-coordinator-ysbytyr-seren or alternatively download the forms below:
Please return your completed application form and equal opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Business Support Team, Age Connects Morgannwg, Cynon Linc, Seymour Street, Aberdare, CF44 7BD.
Please specify the post you are applying for in the application form.
If you have any questions about the role, please email email@example.com
Application Deadline: 11 February 2022 midday