Domestic Abuse Awareness Open Course
Welsh Women’s Aid is running an open, CPD-accredited course for everyone who would like to enhance their knowledge on domestic violence.
Domestic Abuse Awareness course is a one day course for everyone who wants to learn how to recognise and respond to signs of domestic abuse more effectively and in a sensitive manner.
This course offers an introduction to understanding domestic abuse. Participants can gain an understanding of the nature, trends and patterns of domestic abuse. It can help front-line practitioners such as social workers, service providers, NHS staff and all professionals, who work with service users on a daily basis to gain better understanding of signals of domestic abuse as well as services available to those experiencing abuse.
Domestic Abuse Awareness training is also open to everyone, who would like to attend this course to enhance their knowledge on the subject of domestic abuse and as a form of CPD, for those who are interested in working in Third Sector. Also private sector organisations can benefit from this training, not only to raise awareness, but this training can also serve as a taster for HR managers, who are interested in running bespoke training for their staff and would like to determine, if it is suitable for their needs.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand what domestic abuse is and learn to recognise the signs of domestic abuse.
- Learn to approach the subject of domestic abuse in an appropriate manner.
- Understand of the support systems available for those experiencing domestic abuse.
- Understand the critical issues for professionals working on domestic abuse and reflect on the current practice; think if you can improve the situation in any way
- Take away practical skills that will help you tackle the issues of domestic abuse adequately.
This course is CPD accredited.
No previous knowledge is required to participate in this course.
Next course North Wales – Rhyl – 26th March 2019 (booking deadline 12th March)
Places will be allocated on first come, first serve basis.
To book your place, please return the booking form to email@example.com