Trust and Statutory Fundraising Officer
Join Britain’s biggest walking charity to help more people enjoy the benefits of walking.
Are you passionate about the outdoors and knowledgeable about fundraising in Wales?
Ramblers Cymru is proud to lead on the development of a sustainable model of health walk intervention delivery, in partnership with Welsh Government
We are looking for a Fundraising Officer, with an excellent understanding of the funding opportunities available to the third sector in Wales, to help us develop this sustainable approach.
Building on the strong base provided by the Let’s Walk Cymru scheme, the post holder will be expected to develop a variety of partnerships in order to help to ensure that walking continues to provide health and wellbeing benefits for communities across Wales. The role involves advising local walking schemes on funding options, liaising with potential funders, building effective partnerships across the public and third sectors and reporting against agreed targets.
This role is part of the Ramblers Cymru team.
This is an exciting time to join the Ramblers team and a great opportunity to make a lasting and tangible impact on the future success of the charity.
- To identify and fully understand the projects and activities of Ramblers Cymru in order to support the physical health agenda.
- Work with Let’s Walk stakeholders to identify ‘core’ activities and to package into sustainable fundable projects
- Prepare compelling written and verbal applications to funding bodies and make funding applications that match the funders given priorities
- Scope potential funding for Ramblers Cymru and health walk interventions; identify priority target funders with a view to maximising income from trusts, foundations and statutory grant programmes
- Identify shortfalls in funding on current or planned projects that may benefit from additional funding for promotion
- Research and initiate approaches to newly registered Trusts in Wales
- Develop and maintain excellent on-going relationships with funding bodies in both a written and face to face capacity.
- Review existing/previous funders of Ramblers Cymru and health walking interventionGeneral
- Maintain accurate, up to date records of funding applications made, grants received, progress reports and meetings attended
- Research and profile potential trust and statutory supporters of the Ramblers Cymru and health walk interventions; disseminate the information to the relevant individuals
- Liaise with potential/lapsed funders to identify fundraising opportunities
- Maintain and update all records within the Trusts Portfolio. Ensure that all stored information is in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- Play an active role within the Ramblers Cymru. Assist and support fellow team members, when appropriate
Contract: Fixed Term
Interview date: 28 March 2018
To apply please click on the ‘Apply for job’ button below.
The Ramblers are an equal opportunities employer. We warmly welcome applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community and aim to promote diversity.
Closing date: 20 March 2018
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.ramblers.org.uk/jobs.aspx →