ASH Wales Cymru
The Research and Policy Officer will play a key role in building support to reduce smoking prevalence across Wales and protect people from the harm of second-hand smoke. We’re looking for someone to manage and co-ordinate all research and policy related activities and provide evidence-led direction to decision makers across Wales.
Our mission is to achieve a smokefree Wales by working for strong tobacco control policy. We work to raise awareness of the health, social and economic effects of smoking by working with communities, young people and partners across Wales.
We work on projects, campaigns and policy in order to achieve a reduction in, and eventual elimination of, the health problems associated with smoking and tobacco use.
We’re experienced and knowledgeable about tobacco control and smoking issues, and we’re happy to share our experience with others. We are involved in a wide range of activities including coordinating professional networks to bring together people in Wales working in tobacco control.
Our key activities
- We communicate the issues relating to smoking and tobacco use in Wales
- We build effective networks of interested parties working in tobacco control in Wales
- We provide support and advocacy to individuals and projects in the tobacco control arena, and to those who are not adequately represented in public health policy or practice
- We lobby for public health measures to protect the health of all people in Wales from the harm caused by smoking and tobacco
- We research and develop policy and projects in the areas of smoking and tobacco control
You will be responsible for monitoring emerging tobacco control related trends and issues; preparing and/or reviewing and revising policy positions; managing specific research projects; providing consultation, information, and liaison with key stakeholders and tobacco control practitioners; preparing and assisting with grant applications.
This is an exciting and varied opportunity to work as part of an ambitious team.
Job Description available for download here: Policy Officer – January 2018
Conditions: A 6 month probationary period applies
Contract type / period: Full-time post funded for 2 years
To apply please complete the Application Form and Equal Opportunities Form available for download below:
Please return your completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively post to Julie Edwards ASH Wales, 2nd Floor, 14-18 City Rd, Cardiff, CF24 3DL.
Closing date: Thursday 25 January 2018